Monday 20 September 2010

Birthday Weekend

I have just celebrated my 20th birthday!
I'm starting to feel so old. Time is running too quick, I really wish I could slow it down. I guess all I've got to do is make the most of every moment, but I know it's certainly easier said than done!
It was my first birthday away from home (due to being at uni), so I had a birthday meal just over a week ago with the rest of my family. Being away from home on this day was a weird experience and also made me feel older as I was on my own.
Luckily, I didn't have to spend the whole day on my own as my parents and brother drove up to visit me and give me my presents.
My main present was a mini sewing machine, which certainly will come in handy on my Illustration course and in my own projects. I also got a tea cup, saucer and cake stand set from my mum, along with loads of cupcakes to have with it. All the plates are vintage, but when I have a little more time, I am going to post some pictures of them, just so you can see how lovely they are :). I was also very lucky as I received another bead for my Pandora bracelet, it has blue butterflies on it, which are very pretty.
My brother also made a little bag of goodies for me, he got me a little Pooky Bear (Garfield's teddy) key ring which is REALLY cute, some  AKG headphones and a talking alarm clock that's shaped like an apple. The clock tells you the time and temperature every hour, which is a little bit annoying, but at least I will always know the time now!
After opening all my presents, we went out for a meal in the Weatherspoons in Cambridge (The Regal), which was nice.
Then after that we headed back to my flat where we were just in time as Alex arrived from the train station. My family then went home and Alex stayed the night ready for tomorrow antics.
The next day we both went shopping, where I bought a few art supplies for my course and Alex bought a lovely jacket from the very expensive Ted Baker shop.
We then went back to the flat to get ready for the evening, where we went to go and see Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. (see previous entry for details). Then after the gig we headed back to the Weatherspoons for a drink and bit of dancing.
Then on Sunday, we had to say goodbye again, which was very sad. But I have to keep in mind that I'll be seeing him again soon (this Friday to be exact), so all is good :).
All in all, I had a lovely birthday, I'm just hoping this year won't go too fast!
My lovely flowers from Alex on my windowsill
Brother, Mum and Dad at the Weathersoons
Mum's heart-shaped fish
Me with some of my birthday bits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers