Monday 4 January 2010

Something to make these winter days a little brighter..

This beautiful flower is called an Amarylis, I think it looks a bit like a Hibiscus flower.
It is currently sitting on our Kitchen windowsill, taking in the winter sun.
Here are a few pictures of it.






I love the colours in the petals, how it fades from green, to white and then into pink.
I have tried to capture the beauty of the flower by painting it, although I feel I have not done it true justice.


Oh, and you may be pleased to hear that with my Christmas money I bought myself a scanner/photocopier/printer, so now I can scan in my drawings etc. with out having to use rubbish photographs. :).
Happy times.

1 comment:

  1. My Christmas present was a scanner too, It makes things a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete

Followers